Fall 2019 Newsletter
This is the first attempt at a new newsletter for the LCVC.
As many of you may know, Dennis and Penny Jones have been a stalwart members of the club since its inception. They have continuously been involved in breed rescue, helping re-home and adopting countless dogs over the years. For personal reasons they will stepping down from their positions on the board but will remain active members of the club. We are very grateful for their many contributions to the club!
We will have our annual holiday get together this year at the Elkhorn Yacht Club on 7 December at Noon. This will be a potluck, so bring your favorite dish to share. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2 December (Don’t worry you will get several more reminder emails).
We will have some important business to cover during the meeting, including:
- A vote to update the LCVC constitution and bylaws. A copy will be sent out prior to the meeting
- Many brags, including a new dual champion in the club.
Matt Werner has put together another fantastic Vizsla calendar for the new-year.
- Calendars are available for purchase for $20 and can reserved by emailing email@example.com. Don’t delay as there is a limited supply.
- The calendars can be picked up in person at the holiday party or shipped for an additional $2.00.
- Please pay in person with cash or ahead of time via paypal/venmo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our club is only as strong as the members in it. The more people that are involved in the club, the better and more rewarding the club will be for you. This includes organizing dog runs and meetups outside of the regular meeting schedule, helping members do more with their dogs, or volunteering to help out with organizing events, such as the annual specialty show in July. Right now we are in need of several volunteers to step up and help out. Please let email@example.com know if you would like to volunteer.
- We need two volunteers to serve on the nominating committee. This is a minimal commitment that requires one or two meetings between now and February to select the nomination slate of officers and directors for the next club year.
- Dennis Jones will no longer be able to serve as the club Treasurer so we need someone to step up to fill in the spot or to fill in a spot on the board of directors.
- We need a trophy chair for the annual specialty in July.
Photos of the Quarter
DC High Tide’s Avant Garde JH, aka “Rogue” at the breakaway in an amateur gun dog stake at the German Shorthair Pointer Club of Reno’s Fall walking field trial near Reno, NV.